Nobody gets the Friday Blues; it's always the Monday Blues.
By Friday, people are just excited for "The Weekend!"
as if not going to work guarantees a heightened level of
excitement and magic in their lives.
Well today I have the Friday Blues.
The tentacles of anxiety are stirring in my chest,
and the strong arm of 'being an adult' has just barely
overcome the desire to crawl back into bed.
For the time being, the end of the week has ceased
to console my agitated mind.
I am forever longing to find
a fulfilling purpose for my life --
One that inspires
motivates me to arise in the mornings
stretches the limits of my thinking
and allows growth through counsel of like-minded colleagues.
Or - one that requires nothing of me,
hardly uses a grain of my daily energy
gives me a reason to leave the house each day
then releases me to enjoy a hobby I am passionate about.
Today, though, drowning in the Friday Blues
all I want is to stay in bed where it is warm
and dream of all the possibilities
without making a single commitment.
No comments:
Post a Comment