Friday, June 15, 2012

Waking Up Early

There's something to be said for the lazy Saturdays... you know the ones.  The days where you roll over at 7:00 to the dog biting at your toe and you kick him away, roll over, and go back to sleep.  You wake up again at 9:00 because your bladder is completely full, and you weigh the options of getting up to pee, which requires leaving the warm comfy bed, and staying in bed for another hour.  You obviously choose the latter, and you only wake up again at 11:00 because your spouse is returning from the store, having already mowed the lawn, eaten breakfast, and run to the hardware store to start another project?  Mmm, yes, there's something to be said about sleeping in.

I woke up early today, though - the one day this week that I could have slept in, and WOW!  Now there's something to talk about! (Granted, I woke up at 4:00 because I couldn't sleep, not because I was dying to be productive, but I made the best of it).  It's 7:00 am, and I've already showered, packed for a vacation, fed the animals, cleaned the house, crocheted until I ran out of yarn, and am halfway through my first cup of coffee.  I think I saw the first bird on the birdfeeder this morning (a male house finch, if you're curious).  I saw the horizon brighten and heard the birds awaken.  I have a whole day ahead of myself; I could read, write, exercise, or even go back to bed.  It's a whole different life pre-9:00 am on a weekend day.

I'll have to try this waking up early thing more often.

1 comment: